InvalidateCache Issue

We are facing an intermittent issue when we are trying to invalidate cache.(Tokens are storing in cache).

Expected Scenario: After successfully invalidated the cache using key, I should not able to access the cache entry via lookupcache. This is a expected behavior.

Negative Scenario: Here I'm facing issue that , After successfully invalidated the cache using key, still I'm able to access the cache entry details via lookupcache which is already invalidated from the cache. But ideal case is cache entry should not be available after the invalidate cache call.

Is there something I am missing ? I referred to the docs and a few other posts on the community, but not able to figure out what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 4 211
4 REPLIES 4

sidd-harth
Participant V

Can you provide the Policy configs for inspection?

How are you invalidating the cache? Management API call/Invalidate cache policy/Cache resource?

@Siddharth Barahalikar - I'm using Invalidate cache policy with local cache resource.

Scope is Exclusive.

@Gobalakrishnan KM

If you have multiple MPs configured, there is a delay for data sync between the local caches on the MP and it might take upto 180 seconds for the token to be removed from the caches of all the MPs.

Please refer to a similar post below

https://community.apigee.com/questions/66906/issue-with-invalidatingrevoking-external-access-to.html...

@Nagashree B - If I call invalidate cache policy via Post Man, it got cleared immediately but via Application its not getting cleared.