Coding Experience - Is coding experience reqd?

Hello,

I'm currently working as a Business Analyst & thinking of taking up the APIGEE basic certification.

I don't have any coding experience. Is coding skill required to pass the certification successfully?

Per the proposed the job description in my organisation I'd only be helping the team with designing the APIs not actually involved in development/testing.

0 1 498
1 REPLY 1

sidd-harth
Participant V

Apigee is mostly a configuration based tool. Most of the things are a simple drag and drop with little or no change required to the existing configuration or making changes in the UI.

If the OOTB policies are not sufficient for the use case then you need to use Java, javascript, python or nodejs to code the logic.

Apigee has only one certification, API Engineer Certification and coding in specific is not required, but basic coding exp would be helpful in my opinion.

You can complete the official Coursera Apigee course which covers API designing, development, and security.

Knowing all the three concepts would be helpful.

Check this awesome post on certification,

https://community.apigee.com/articles/56382/apigee-api-platform-learning-guide.html?childToView=6729...