Apigee breaks on Content-Encoding utf 8 What is the right encoding ? Apigee alternative

Hi, apigee breaks when getting response header Content-Encoding utf-8 from backend service.

have couple of questions needed to approach conversations.

1. What is the right content-encoding that apigee supports ?

2. Why Content-Encoding utf-8 breaks ?

3. Is there an Apigee alternative (we tried hook but with no success) ?

4. What is a good answer to respond a backend system asking apigee team to fix this ?

error is:

{"fault":{"detail":{"errorcode":"protocol.http.UnsupportedEncoding"},"faultstring":"Unsupported Encoding \"UTF-8\""}}

thank you

Solved Solved
0 2 1,789
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A Content-Encoding of UTF-8 is not valid.

See here

and here.

See above.

because it's not valid.

There's no way to configure Apigee Edge to tolerate an invalid HTTP Response like this. The failure is being triggered at a layer beneath the API Proxy; before any configurable element of yours can have an effect.

4. What is a good answer to respond a backend system asking apigee team to fix this ?

I don't understand this question.

As for what you should do; I think you need to talk to the team that produces your upstream, show them the resources I've offered, and ask them to update their service so that it produces a valid HTTP Response. That's what I would do.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A Content-Encoding of UTF-8 is not valid.

See here

and here.

See above.

because it's not valid.

There's no way to configure Apigee Edge to tolerate an invalid HTTP Response like this. The failure is being triggered at a layer beneath the API Proxy; before any configurable element of yours can have an effect.

I don't understand this question.

As for what you should do; I think you need to talk to the team that produces your upstream, show them the resources I've offered, and ask them to update their service so that it produces a valid HTTP Response. That's what I would do.

Thank you @Dino-at-Google, we were collecting the data on http documentation to communicate with backend. This helps a lot to show more info.

thank you again.