deploy proxy as specific revision

chiki_sun
Participant III

Hi all,

I have a requirement here for deployment. The ask is that if we export proxy revision 12, the target server should also show revision 12 when the proxy is imported. if the target has revision 12 already, the proxy can be overwrite. Otherwise, import the proxy as revision 12. Can't find any api or cmd line to do that. Is that doable? the reason is that the development team needs to keep track which revision is deployed

0 1 109
1 REPLY 1

I think maybe you are using terminology which is confusing me.

If we export proxy revision 12, the target server should also show revision 12 when the proxy is imported.

That doesn't make sense. In Apigee Edge, the target server doesn't have a revision number.

I think what you want to do is import a proxy and specify the revision for the proxy when you import it.

That's not possible. Today the revision is implicitly assigned by the Apigee Edge management server depending on the existence of prior revisions.

Why do you want to explicitly specify a revision during import? Can you share with me the underlying purpose of that requirement? Maybe we can satisfy your requirement in a different way.