postgres status recovering

Not applicable

My postgres standby is showing status recovering and some of the processes are showing idle. Master is working fine. Can anyone help on this to resolve ?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,794
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Yes, I did the standby data cleanup and replication setup again. Then after all data git sync the issue git resolved. It takes more time. You can leave some hours and check after the setup.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am having same issue. Removed the standby pgdata and ran standby setup again. After data gets synchronized from the master the standby postgres startup process gets stuck recovering. Has anyone found a solution?

/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-postgresql setup-replication-on-standby -f configFile

postgres: startup process recovering 000000010000005E000000FB

Not applicable

Yes, I did the standby data cleanup and replication setup again. Then after all data git sync the issue git resolved. It takes more time. You can leave some hours and check after the setup.

The pg_data size is 159G. It's been over 12 hours, how long did it take for the standby postgres to finish recovering?

you can check pgdata size in master and standby. Likely can be predicted. max i have seen 163GB one night.

The pgdata size is same on the master and standby nodes. The standby node first synced the data from the master node then the standby node has been stuck in startup process recovering for over 12 hours.