Extensions: Deploy message: Extension doesn't fill configuration

robinm

Howdy. Trying to see if the SalesForce extension is an option for my client.

Current PoC is using an old Trial org (which Google has downgraded us to Evaluation recently, not sure if that is related to the issue or not)

I have been following what piecemeal documentation and posts I can find regarding a "Connected App" and got as far as trying to deploy the extension on Apigee.

Sadly this grammatically interesting error message leaves me at a dead-end.

For now, I am going to abandon this and revert to using the "traditional" Service-Callout approach for accessing the SalesForce REST APIs.

Anyone have other clues or similar experiences attempting to enable this SalesForce "Extension" ?

0 4 341
4 REPLIES 4

robinm

I suspect the issue relates to missing Properties that seem unable to be configured:

The docs page lists URL, credentials etc, but the extension properties page is minimal.

8730-properties.jpg

Expected as per docs page ...

8731-propertiesexpected.jpg

robinm

I have found some of the configuration parameters. In the screenshot below, the ">" right arrows or a click on the TEST or PROD line will open a configuration dialog.

It is important to note that this dialog _does not always appear_, so consider opening an "incognito" session or clearing browser cache etc before looking at Extensions.

Were you able to connect to Salesforce Extension?

Cannot answer question with question,Sir.

In terms of the extension, it has been a while but yes I seem to remember that I did manage to connect but later found very little operating as advertised and I think that the extension is also now deprecated.

We went to SF direct using traditional Apigee constructs, i.e. HTTPTarget ... getting a session token and accessing via the REST APIs available.