Will API Monitoring, as it exists for apigee cloud customers, be available for OPDK?

I'm asking about the API Monitoring Dashboard UI as presented here.

Will this be included in future OPDK release? It is a considerably important feature to have missing from OPDK.

Thanks!

1 3 267
3 REPLIES 3

True, API Monitoring is a great feature for troubleshooting issues and currently it is not available in OPDK. Unfortunately, at the moment there are no plans to add this to a future OPDK release.

The OPDK Monitoring based on Telegraph, InfluxDB, Graphana, was converted into a Monitoring Accelerator by @Rajesh Mishra in the form of github-based project with instructions on how to implement it

https://github.com/rajeshm7910/apigee-monitoring

The telegraph configuration files are still provided in the OPDK installation. So you can easily set it up yourself.

I'm aware of the monitoring provided by this repo, however "easily" is very subjective. I have yet to get apigee application data to stream to influx and display in grafana. Rajesh states it requires apigee-telegraf, if I read between the lines correctly, which is not available in latest releases.

8728-2019-06-21-00-01-04-apigee-monitoring-with-influx.png

Following the instructions provided does not end with a functioning monitoring system. I'm sure taking pieces from previous releases and incorporating them into the current release may work, however that isn't a turnkey solution.

I don't think it is a wild request for the monitoring service provided to cloud customers be extended to apigee's opdk customers.