Kubernetes cluster for Apigee hybrid

Is there a way to quickly and easily test out Apigee's new hybrid solution by using a readily available non-GKE Kubernetes cluster - instead of building a cluster? I'm wondering if Hybrid can be installed on dev environment tools like minikube or something similar. This is specifically for the non-GKE non-prod environment.

1 3 531
3 REPLIES 3

As long as the Kubernetes cluster is CNCF conformant and is running v1.10 or higher, it is theoretically possible. The documented node pools requirements are pretty resoruce intensive. Bear this in mind if you're thinking minikube or such.

You can of course provision smaller node pools (eg: 2 nodes, each with 2 vCPUs and 8GB RAM), but there is no guarantee everything will run smoothly, though it just may 😉

Also, in order to test it, you'll need to have access to a hybrid enabled Apigee organization. Do you already have this?

@deboraelkin - are you saying it is possible to install hybrid in a kubernetes cluster in minikube? I thought minikube builds only a single node cluster; while the apigee docs say I need a minimum of 3 nodes.

For a nonprod, eval only kind of install, you don't really require 3 nodes, but depending on how well (or badly) resourced your single node is, it may or may not work.