How do we make the Integrated developer portal accessibility to internal teams only?

ashwithds123
Participant IV

We are plan to restrict the externals in terms of accessing the integrated portal due to some security constraints. Is there any way such that can we configure the settings in the Apigee Edge in order to restrict the outsiders.

It would be good if I get this issue resolved at the soonest.

Note: We are using Integrated Developer portal provided by the APIGEE

Regards,

Ashwith

0 7 323
7 REPLIES 7

I'm adding an additional question/comment to this question.

Is there a way to restrict access to authenticated users only for all pages on the portal, including the home page?

We know that we can restrict access to the API products by selecting "registered users," but this does not go far enough. Only registered users should be able to access/view pages on the integrated portal.

sidd-harth
Participant V

@ash gun, I guess you need to check the new Developer program,

https://community.apigee.com/idea/68536/introducing-developer-programs-and-the-developer-t.html

This is still in the Beta stage but one can enroll and test/explore this option.

Hi Team,

I need to resolve the problem regarding the OAS where I need to have a bucketing criteria of differentiating the spec. It would be good if anyone can provide the solution to my problem

Is there any tool available in order to give the scoring to the existing OAS.

Example: Let say we are having 10 specs and classifying them into multiple categories like Good, Average, Poor.

Now this 10 specs falls into multiple categories like: Good – 4, Average – 3, Poor – 3

If the requirement is not clear please let me know.

However, is there any tool that can give the percentage scoring model

Let say the spec contains only 20% or 50% or 80% of the required url.

Further if require I can give the detailed description.

We accomplished this with Audiences (beta) and Teams (beta).

1) Add a new Audience to the Developer Programs and name it internal.

8642-screen-shot-2019-05-22-at-40417-pm.png

2) Change all of our pages to the new "internal" audience by clicking the "manage audiences" button (middle button).

8643-screen-shot-2019-05-22-at-55324-pm.png

8644-screen-shot-2019-05-22-at-55456-pm.png

3) Once all of your pages are restricted to the "internal" audience, then your portal should look similar to the screenshot below.

8646-screen-shot-2019-05-22-at-55741-pm.png

The next step is to assign a team to an audience and this can be accomplished after someone signs into your portal and creates a team.

4) Create a new account in your portal and then login. Once you login you should see the following drop-down menu. Click "Teams."

8647-screen-shot-2019-05-22-at-60512-pm.png

5) Create a new team.

6) Then go back to your "developer programs" in the Edge UI and assign the team to the "internal" audience.

7) The final step is to configure manual approval for developer accounts, so that you control which users are able to login to your developer portal.

Once you complete these steps then your integrated developer portal is effectively private and can only be accessed by your internal users.

Hi Team,

I need to resolve the problem regarding the OAS where I need to have a bucketing criteria of differentiating the spec. It would be good if anyone can provide the solution to my problem

Is there any tool available in order to give the scoring to the existing OAS.

Example: Let say we are having 10 specs and classifying them into multiple categories like Good, Average, Poor.

Now this 10 specs falls into multiple categories like: Good – 4, Average – 3, Poor – 3

If the requirement is not clear please let me know.

However, is there any tool that can give the percentage scoring model

Let say the spec contains only 20% or 50% or 80% of the required url.

Further if require I can give the detailed description.

Hi Team

Assumption: We are working on the INTEGRATED PORTAL provided by Apigee

Can we add a link in the description of the product as shown in the below image. Where the link must be able to redirect to the insights of the product.

HTML tag: <a> link </a>

8750-z.png

Mohit_Baveja
Participant II

Any updates on adding a link in description of APIs.