how cache clear works for virtual host

I want to know how cache clear works for virtual hosts,

that is for example I have 2 virtual hosts

1. abc.apigee.net

2. def.apigee.net

Now if i clear the cache for abc.apigee.net/v2/data call,

will it clear the cache for the def.apigee.net/v2/data call as well.

Thanks for your answer.

0 3 366
3 REPLIES 3

It's not possible to answer this question with the information you've given.

When you say "clear cache" what exactly are you doing? Is there a policy you're using? If so, please state which policy and provide the exact policy configuration.

For more information you can read the documentation on the cache policies. If you've done that and you don't understand the documentation, please LINK to the documentation page and explain what is not clear, and we can try to help clarify that.

Not applicable

Hi @Pravin Kumar, if you clear cache then it will be cleared from that environment, irrespective of the virtual hosts, if all are pointing to the same environment. You can go through the scope of cache for more idea here. https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/policies/populate-cache-policy#ScopeElement

Hi @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena,

The issue seems to be related to common/global cache, for different regions the domain is different , when we clear the cache for one region it should be cleared for all the regions since all hosts are configured for a proxy in one environment and the scope of cache resource is set as global.

For one host the same cache key shows data for e.g. 123 while for other host it shows 456, which ideally should be in sync.

Thanks

Ashish Sharma