Download API Proxies in Apigee as YAML Including all the Apigee Policies

Since we are able to import YAML into APigee, are we able to export API proxies including all the policies and configurations as a single YAML file? This will enable true portability. i.e., Upload a Single YAML file into Apigee, export API proxies as a single YAML file

Nathan Aw

0 7 1,257
7 REPLIES 7

Download as YAML is not available, since a proxy may contain more artifacts than just the policies, eg. js code, or jar file.

You could download a proxy by using the UI [1], or management API [2].

The downloaded bundle is a zip file, in which you will see an XML file that defines the flow and configurations of the proxy.

[1] https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/fundamentals/download-api-proxies

[2] https://apidocs.apigee.com/management/apis/get/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/apis/%7Bapi_name%7D/revi...

thanks brendan. i have put in required fields when I uploaded the YAML file, Apigee doesnt automatically put it in the validation fields. Is this YAML file problem or Apigee only takes subset of the information?

Is this YAML file problem or Apigee only takes subset of the information?

Can you elaborate on what you are asking?

Brendan's answer is accurate and correct. The downloaded proxy bundle is a ZIP and it contains XML files. If this is not clear, and you need more information, please ask a question with more elaboration on what needs clarification.

Hi Dino at Google, my question is that my YAML file has defined fields which are required and optional. When I imported the YAML file into Apigee, Apigee does not turn these fields automatically into validation rules. E.g., Customer ID is a required field in the YAML and when a client request comes in, the API proxy will automatically validate the request header against the required/mandatory fields. Please let me know if this ability is available in Apigee to understand the required fields in YAML.

If you are telling me it is so, I believe you. If importing an OpenAPI Spec into Apigee Edge does not faithfully produce validation rules that enforce the spec, that would be a problem .

Apigee engineering is right now working on building runtime component that will perform automated validation of an inbound request against an OpenAPISpec specification. This is not available yet, but it is "coming soon."

ps: your initial question did not sound at all like the question you just asked.

Thank you very much. Any idea/estimate when will this release be out?

We are hoping to release that capability this summer.