LDAP Policy Detail

Hi All ,

I want to call authentication server in order to check username and password sent correct or not .

Can I use LDAP ? If yes how can I use it ?

If possible can any Buddy can give small example in which scenario we use LDAP Policy?

Solved Solved
0 3 434
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you can use the LDAP policy, if you have the OPDK (customer-managed Apigee Edge).

Also your authentication server must support LDAP, of course. (Should be ActiveDirectory, OpenLDAP, or something like that).

If both of these apply to your scenario, then you can use the policy.

give small example in which scenario we use LDAP Policy?

Not clear. Are you asking for an explanation of IN WHICH SCENARIOS you'd want to use the LDAP policy? Or are you asking for an explanation of HOW TO CONFIGURE the LDAP Policy?

The LDAP policy can be used to do one or both of these things:

- verify the credentials of a user against an LDAP store
- search the LDAP store for a particular DN, and retrieve metadata about the entity identified by that DN. Metadata might be group associations for a user. This latter would be useful in making authorization decisions within Apigee Edge, for example, so you could allow members of the "Managers" group to do an action, while denying non-members the same privileges.

For more information you can consult the product documentation for the LDAP policy.

If you have more questions, let us know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you can use the LDAP policy, if you have the OPDK (customer-managed Apigee Edge).

Also your authentication server must support LDAP, of course. (Should be ActiveDirectory, OpenLDAP, or something like that).

If both of these apply to your scenario, then you can use the policy.

give small example in which scenario we use LDAP Policy?

Not clear. Are you asking for an explanation of IN WHICH SCENARIOS you'd want to use the LDAP policy? Or are you asking for an explanation of HOW TO CONFIGURE the LDAP Policy?

The LDAP policy can be used to do one or both of these things:

- verify the credentials of a user against an LDAP store
- search the LDAP store for a particular DN, and retrieve metadata about the entity identified by that DN. Metadata might be group associations for a user. This latter would be useful in making authorization decisions within Apigee Edge, for example, so you could allow members of the "Managers" group to do an action, while denying non-members the same privileges.

For more information you can consult the product documentation for the LDAP policy.

If you have more questions, let us know.

Thank you @Dino-at-Google, I got it . If i need more information will come back to you .

HOW TO CONFIGURE the LDAP Policy? @dchiesa1