Error while doing aio installation without internet connection ona node

pranjalic
Participant II

Hello ,

I am trying to do installation of aio on a a node where internet connection is not available.

I have the apigee-repo and apigeeprio-repo downloaded from the web. I have transferred them to the node where I intend to do the installation. I have installed these rpm's locally using yum install command.

However when I try to execute below command to install apigee-service utility, It tries to hit internet and says "repo configuration failed". Can anyone help me to understand what is wrong.

Below are the logs from the node :

[admin@VVF ~]$ sudo bash /tmp/bootstrap_4.19.01.sh apigeeuser={uname} apigeepassword=********
[sudo] password for admin:
Apigee bootstrap 1.0-19 (OPDK_1901, 2018.11.16,21:20) === Obtaining creds for software.apigee.com:
=== Begin work ... === Checking for presence of misc commands: === Checking distro: === Checking architecture: === Checking OS: === Checking SELinux status === Configuring package manager:
+ rpm -qa apigee*
+ rpm -e apigee-repo
error: package apigee-repo is not installed
(error can be ignored)
+ rpm -e apigeeprio-repo
error: package apigeeprio-repo is not installed
(error can be ignored)
+ yum install -y https://{uname}:***@software.apigee.com//apigee-repo.rpm
Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, langpacks, package_upload, priorities,
: product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
Cannot open: https://uname:password@software.apigee.com//apigee-repo.rpm. Skipping.
Error: Nothing to do
Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
Loaded plugins: langpacks, priorities, product-id, subscription-manager
bootstrap_4.19.01.sh: Error: Repo configuration failed

0 1 159
1 REPLY 1

pranjalic
Participant II

Issue is resolved as the command I was trying was not correct. As node does not have internet connection, I had locally created apigee repo. Now I wanted to do the installation with this repo. I used below command :

sudo bash /opt/apigee/data/apigee-mirror/repos/bootstrap_4.19.01.sh apigeeprotocol="file://" apigeerepobasepath=/opt/apigee/data/apigee-mirror/repos

It worked.