Multiple Gateway pods to environment in same organization

Hi ,

I have on-prem servers where we have single org and multiple environments(e1,e2,e3 and e4). Now I am introducing DMZ layer where i need to route environments (e2 and e4) traffic to gateways servers on DMZ .

One of doing is to update the F5 layer to route the traffic to DMZ routers and assign the message processor to particular environment. Right now i am not leaning towards this approach.

The other option is to have different gateway pods and assign to environments. How do we achieve at the environment level ??

Thanks,

Latheef D

0 4 562
4 REPLIES 4

It might be worth analyzing the requirement of handling environment level traffic routing at the load balancer level before trying to proceed with creating separate MP pods for environments. Would you mind explaining the reasons/requirements for handling this at the F5 layer?

The way Apigee handles environment specific traffic is using virtual hosts. By default each environment would have an unique, default virtual host created. For an example org: foo, env: test will have a default virtual host created something similar to test-foo.org. Hence, F5 could route traffic of test-foo.org to any Apigee Router and those will get dispatched to Message Processors of that environment accordingly.

Sure i will give you the requirement of having dedicated pods to environment. For one of the business unit there are multiple production units available , they need their dedicated run time instance based on their plant regulatory policy.

To support it we don't want the configuration to be residing on all the routers , to manage and maintain the nodes will be harder.

Hope this gives you the overview of the scenario.

Hi Lateef, did you get the solution to your on-prem issue? and wanted to know that "how to register multiple pods" one POD is with R,MP which is DMZ area, and another POD is with RMP is in Greenzone area, all other remaining Apigee components are in greenzone, My question is that how to register 2 PODS in a silent config file and how to install Apigee components to recognize 2 PODS?

Hey Ram, I know there was no response but did you figure this out by urself, if yes, please share, many thanks.