NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I am getting this message again on my trial portal. I only get it when I am on my company network. If I am at home or on a public wifi or hotspot, I can connect OK. It just doesn't work when I am logged in at work.

Does the certificate need to be renewed or something? It was working a week or so ago. Or maybe it is something with my companies certificate?

0 1 305
1 REPLY 1

You're getting this.... "on" your portal.

Where do you see this message?

From a Google search it appears that this message pops up in the browser itself.

That search led me to this question, which seems to be exactly the situation you are experiencing. Your company is doing some sort of certificate inspection, and maybe mediation.

Probably there is a list of CA's on your corporate VPN or firewall, and that list of CAs does not include the CA used to sign the cert that is used in your custom portal.

here's what I suggest:

go to your corporate network services team. Show them the error. Describe to them that it works fine when you're not on the corporate network.

They'll get the CA from the cert on your portal site, and inspect it, and determine whether they need to add that CA to the list of trusted CAs on the corporate VPN. It could be a pretty quick fix.