Moving from CA API gateway to APIGEE

@Dino-at-Google

Any strategy around moving from CA API GAteway to APIGEE.

We use CA API Gateway as a proxy with some security, auth enforcement like Mutual SSL etc

Kindly suggest if any POC or docs I can refer around the same.

0 1 540
1 REPLY 1

samuelucich
Participant IV

Hi,

Even though both products do the same thing: implement a proxy layer between API Consumer apps and backend Apis, structurally they do it in different ways. BTW i'm certified on both products and have built the proxy layer with both.

The basic building blocks for CA are called assertions, for Apigee they are called policies. CA has an assertion language and a UI to allow building CA Policies, using one or more assertions. Typically when an assertion is dragged into the policy canvas a configuration pops up and allows you to set properties.

The CA assertion language uses top-to-bottom procedural structure, You can create branching logic in the CA Policy, which would be similar to Apigee Conditional statements. Apigee has flows and steps and 'branching' can be implemented using the Conditional statement.

The first thing I would do is understand how to map CA assertions to Apigee policies. Then look at the branching in the CA Policy and figure out how to implement the same structure in Apigee using flows, steps and conditions.

These are the basics. There are certainly more considerations, this is a good start.