Coursera course - issue with "Deploy the edge-developer-training-backend proxy and dependencies" part

deutsch4
Participant I

Hi, everyone!

(I apologize in advance, if my issue will turn out to be non-relevant or unwise - still, I already spent several days for researching and trying different methods, and I still have no positive result)

So, I am doing "API Design and Fundamentals of Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform" Coursera course of "Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform" specialization.

My equipment: Windows 10 based laptop, Node v11.14.0, npm v6.7.0, Apache Maven 3.5.3, Java version: 12.0.1. Just for reference I will provide here "mvn -v" execution result: https://pastebin.com/ScPeh4Rv .

Those, who did that course, probably remember "Setting up an environment for labs" guide at the end of the course.

On the last step you need to execute in command line tool the following:

npm install

node setup

Running "npm install" (among other response lines) returns:

npm WARN backend-setup@1.0.0 No repository field.

I don't pay attention to it, and proceed with "node setup". This is where my issues start.

Issues' details

Even after having all the installations and settings done (installing required software, setting necessary environment variables, cd'ed to the necessary setup folder), executing "node setup" returns the following: https://pastebin.com/MtmDV5PB.

After researching the error, I decided to add <defaultGoal>install</defaultGoal> inside <build> tag in both of pom files within unzipped "setup" folder.

Now, it at least started doing something, but still ends with an error:

https://pastebin.com/SwBRhHCR

I will appreciate any hints and/or criticism, as I am about to drop this course and specialization.

Solved Solved
0 7 299
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure why this is happening. Can you navigate to "edge-developer-training-backend" directory and run the following command.

mvn clean install -Ptest -Dusername=<Apigee-username> -Dpassword=<Apigee-password> -Dorg=<Apigee-org> -Doptions=update -Dapigee.config.options=update 

If this works, run the same command from the "edge-developer-training-idp" directory as well. This should complete the setup. Let me know how that goes

Please replace the org, username, password with you info in the above command

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

deutsch4
Participant I

UPD: I did exactly as advised here (separately installed JRE and pointed my JAVA_HOME to it). Still have the same issue:

deutsch4
Participant I

@ssvaidyanathan

may be you can help, as you did in the other similar post?

@Anton Sv

Looks right to me. The issue is that the node script is not able to invoke the "Maven" command. I suspect your directory name with spaces. I know the command prompt can have issues with directory names that have spaces. Can you rename your "Apigee Edge Developer training" directory to something like "Apigee_Edge_Developer_training" and try the same ?

@ssvaidyanathan

Tried that - still the same. Wonder whether anything else can block Maven...

8502-anothertry.jpg

Not sure why this is happening. Can you navigate to "edge-developer-training-backend" directory and run the following command.

mvn clean install -Ptest -Dusername=<Apigee-username> -Dpassword=<Apigee-password> -Dorg=<Apigee-org> -Doptions=update -Dapigee.config.options=update 

If this works, run the same command from the "edge-developer-training-idp" directory as well. This should complete the setup. Let me know how that goes

Please replace the org, username, password with you info in the above command

@ssvaidyanathan

Thanks for recommendations!

As for the 1st folder. My password contained &-sign, and first attempt was failed. For 2nd attempt I put password in double quotes "", and it worked, with result being:

[INFO] Create Success.
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time:  23.362 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-04-20T02:22:48+03:00

D:\APIgeeEdgeDevelopertraining\setup\edge-developer-training-backend><br>

Still, during execution, I got the following lines (but I guess it is ok):

=============Initializing Maven Deployment================

[INFO]

Request prepared for the server
GET  https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/deutsch4-eval/apis/edge-developer-training-backen...
accept: application/json
accept-encoding: gzip
authorization: Basic [Not shown in log]
[ERROR] 404 Not Found
{
  "code" : "messaging.config.beans.ApplicationDoesNotExist",
  "message" : "APIProxy named edge-developer-training-backend does not exist in organization deutsch4-eval",
  "contexts" : [ ]
}
[INFO]<br>

In the 2nd folder it was all the same (including the error).

UPD: recurrent run of that command in both folders finished successfully, without any errors.

Thanks @Anton Sv

Glad you got it to work. I will update the script to work with special characters. Thanks for that input

Good luck with the course