How to update Drupal Portal with current API Products

We just got our Org setup and have been assigned a Drupal dev portal, so I'm new to this portal. I'm wondering how the API Products get updated in the portal. I added a new one in my Org and the portal doesn't show it. Is there something that I need to do to sync the portal with Edge?

0 3 408
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Daniel Hoenig

The devportal only shows API Products on the "Create an App" page, at user/[your uid]/apps/add. And only if your API Product is marked as "public" in Edge. There shouldn't be any sync or other steps needed.

So how does that relate to the APIs page? Right now on the APIs page mine shows the "Hello World API" and "Pet Store Example API". But, like you said, on the Create an app page I see my API products from Edge. How do I update the APIs page to display the APIs in my API products? Seems weird for them to be disconnected like that.

The info display on the APIs page (at /apis) comes purely from imported openapi specs that you upload. So these are documenting proxies only.

It can be strange that the proxy documentation doesnt mention API Products anywhere. Some people use a 1-to-1 product to proxy strategy, so the names of the proxy and product are very similar. I've also seen adding the proxy names to the API Product description, so when you're creating a new app you can tell which products contain which proxies.

You can also use a Product Catalog module (like the one in https://github.com/giteshk/apigee_devportal_extras) which will then display API Products explicitly on the portal, and when you click into a product it will show which proxies it contains.

Hope that helps!