Time out between the Apigee Google (API) Cloud and AWS (OAUTH Server)

Hi,

I wanted to test a design having a flow between Apigee SaaS to AWS (where the OAUTH server resides in AWS) and Proxy API is invoked from Apigee SaaS

I have created the service callout to call AWS OAUTH Server IP and port, which times out & also increased the time out but the facing same issue

I have requested the AWS team to whitelist the Apigee SaaS IP (which i got from Google team) and once i fire (after enabling trace) get same issue in Service callout policy.

I am assuming the Goolge Cloud IP received is the Public IP which hits the AWS cloud ? nad none in between the Google Cloud IP and AWS to be whitelisted in AWS

I am not sure how do we debug this further ?

1. Do i need to raise any support ticket with Apigee SaaS Support team on same, but will they be able to help if time out is between Apigee SaaS (API) and AWS (OAUTH Server)

2. Or do i need to raise a support ticket with AWS only (may be AWS is still not allowing the Google IP inside its Perimeter ? not sure)

Note: Not having the access to Google cloud logs and AWS logs and both managed by Client, whats the best need to be suggested for such approach to proceed further ?..

Note: This is first time we are trying to do this route and getting timeout.

0 2 118
2 REPLIES 2

To decide which option. Do a direct invocation via postman and see if you are able to get the response from AWS Oauth server.. outside apigee platform.

Few checks may be perform telnet/curl from apigee rmp server to backend aws ip's to see if you get response or not.. may be n/w firewall which may be blocking.

I would start with apigee support ..

I missed indicating that tested this from POSTMAN to AWS which works and responds

I am using Apigee cloud. hence when i replace the url to any google mock url in service call out it works but when the url is replaced with AWS hosting instance it does not.

The option of telnet from RMP would be for onpremise version of apigee.

Any other alternative approach from Apigee cloud other than raising the support ticket.