All-in-one-Node Private Cloud installation in multi-region

simonxuan
Participant II

I was wondering if anyone in the community has ever installed Apigee Edge for Private Cloud in All-in-one-Node in two regions for Proof-of-Concept. The detailed installation guide from docs.apigee.com only provided HA installation for 12-node implementation. The goal is to show high-availability capability in limited instances for POC without going for the all-nine-yards installation. I have already implemented it in GCP for one region with a Microgateway in a separate VM in the subnet. I want to enable LB and TLS in the 2-region setting without worrying about the performance or replication. Thanks in advance for any input.

0 3 231
3 REPLIES 3

All-in-one implies a single machine, which precludes "multi-region".

So, the thing you describe, doesn't make sense.

It is possible to have a limited multi-DC setup, for proof-of-concept.

You don't need HA for multi-DC.

Maybe @Carlos Frias might have a suggestion for detailed instructions.

simonxuan
Participant II

Thanks @Dino-at-Google for the timely input. I am interested in any suggestion on a small-scale two region (DC) setup for PoC to demo FT and LB. 12-node cluster spanning two DCs is a little overkill for my effort. I am thinking about combining node 4,5,6 into one VM to host Qpid and Postgre server(s), while keeping node1,2,3 as suggested at https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.19.01/installation-topologies#12hostclusteredinstallation. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Kris from Google suggested "I wouldn't worry about it being overkill for a demo. Since this is for demo only, you're presumably using ethereal cloud VM instances that you can shut down while not in use." I will then stick with the 12-node two-region instruction from the installation site. Thanks.