Can I preserve or save settings/configuration changes to the developer portal?

I have the developer portal on a test environment currently, and have been tasked with re-skinning the dev portal. I have created a custom theme, which goes some way to achieving the look and feel goals.

However there are some requirements I am unable to affect with just a custom theme, for example, renaming some sections' titles, i.e. changing the 'API Documentation' header, which I do through 'administration/structure/views' - and change the title. I have also removed certain blocks from the homepage, as well as the navigation items (hiding Blog/FAQs).

My concern is how I preserve these settings if the portal is upgraded, or how can I have these set by default, or stored to be applied after an install. Is it at all possible to capture these changes?

0 3 136
3 REPLIES 3

If you are talking about the Drupal dev portal, hosted by Pantheon, you can take backups, and you can promote changes in the "dev" devportal environment to "test" and "live". Do this through the pantheon console.

This is an on premises install. As an example of what I mean, in a dev portal installed to a particular server, you go to 'administration/structure/context', then 'edit' the 'home' context, and in the 'blocks' section, remove some items from the 'content' block. Are these changes stored so that if I were to install the dev portal to another environment, I could have these changes applied by default or automated to take effect in the event of an update?

In simpler terms, am I able to have items from the admin/structure/context such as blog=disabled by default - perhaps through a page template override in the custom theme?

I want to have a dev portal with APIs as the the only navigation option, no FAQs, no myApps, no Forums, no blocks apart from APIs on the homepage, and to have some titles changed - i.e. 'API Documentation' changed to a different wording. I want to know if this is possible by applying a custom theme, rather than having to go in and manually set these values after any update or install?