Generate JWT plugin for microgateway

Hi,

Can you please let me know if there is a plugin for microgateway smilar to generate jwt policy for apigee edge.

I came across extAuth plugin which can be used to bring our own JWT, but what I'm looking here is can apigee generate JWT even for microgateway?

Thanks,

Mohan Chippada

Solved Solved
0 1 318
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The extAuth plugin will *verify* a JWT generated by any third party.

Including a JWT generated by the GenerateJWT policy in Apigee Edge.

This requires that the client connect to the "enterprise Gateway" and not to the microgateway, when requesting the JWT.

I think if you wanted to generate a JWT without connecting to the enterprise gateway you could write a simple nodejs app and attach it to the microgateway.

You might even be able to build a loopback plugin in microgateway to accomplish this. Or modify the extAuth plugin for the same purpose.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The extAuth plugin will *verify* a JWT generated by any third party.

Including a JWT generated by the GenerateJWT policy in Apigee Edge.

This requires that the client connect to the "enterprise Gateway" and not to the microgateway, when requesting the JWT.

I think if you wanted to generate a JWT without connecting to the enterprise gateway you could write a simple nodejs app and attach it to the microgateway.

You might even be able to build a loopback plugin in microgateway to accomplish this. Or modify the extAuth plugin for the same purpose.