Virtual host does not exist on publish, intermittent api failures

Not applicable

Hello,

I have an api that gives an error "virtual host does not exist" when publishing to production. Then when I try to hit my api (always at the same address) it usually works, but gives an occasional Classification Error. When I publish to test I do not get this error and the api works reliably.

My Environment configuration has:

Virtual Hosts

Name Port Alias

default 80 televisionfour-prod.apigee.net

secure 443 televisionfour-prod.apigee.net

My API has:

<HTTPProxyConnection>

<BasePath>/v0/weather</BasePath>

<Properties/>

<VirtualHost>default</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost>secure</VirtualHost>

</HTTPProxyConnection>

It seems that the virtual host setup is not complete. Without a support enabled account, is there a way to get Apigee to complete the virtual host default setup?

Any other ideas as to what may be wrong?

Thanks!

Joe

0 1 925
1 REPLY 1

just to be clear, you are trying to hit - 'televisionfour-prod.apigee.net' and get a error "virtual host does not exist"??

or

when you try to deploy to production you get the error ""virtual host does not exist",

"virtual host does not exist" - is usually a deployment error that happens when you deploy to an environment. If this error occurs, it means that deployment has failed since the environment did not have the VH.

If you are able to access the API even after this error, or alternate calls failing with classification errors - pls create a support ticket here with your org details - https://pages.apigee.com/request-support-general.html