is it safe to provide trace file in comments

madhu-2
Participant II

is it safe to add trace file in this comments section kindly let me know

0 3 115
3 REPLIES 3

Do you mean to ask, "is it safe to post a Trace file HERE, on the community site?" whether in a question, an answer, or a comment?

The answer to that is: MAYBE.

Your Trace file will contain information that’s show the state of context variables that are set within the flow of messages that have been captured. If those context variables contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or other sensitive information, then... obviously it's not safe or prudent to post it here.

Hi thanks for your answer. I am new to apigee and working on caching response of the backend resource which is rest api. I have added response cache policy to proxy preflow it automatically added at target response. I have sent the api proxy request from api with session details and parameters needed to that api proxy(these parameters i didnt add in apigee develop config files but these are parameters required for target route) the data is showing up in postman but the response is not caching ...in variables list in trace section shows cache_miss. kindly help me what to do

Hi -sorry, I am not able to understand the situation. Can you please ask a new question and explain clearly what you are seeing? I think the issue you descrtibed in the comments is related to the cache behaving differently that what you expect.

So in the NEW QUESTION, please specify exactly

• what you have tried (including EXACT configuration of the cache policy, and the EXACT request you are making),
  • the results you are seeing,
  • and the results you expect.