apigee spike start after few second later

Hi, I have set 30 pm spike arrest, Suppose 1 request should allow in every 2 sec. but for me every time i try hit first few second it continuously allow the request, may be after 5th request spike arrest start blocking. ex: every 1 sec i am sending 1 request, suppose alternate request should blocked by spike arrest. but first few request is allowed, after 4/5th request spike arrest started to work.

0 4 155
4 REPLIES 4

You want to try the same policy with '<UseEffectiveCount>true</UseEffectiveCount>'

Refer to the document here, https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/policies/spike-arrest-policy#useeffectivecount

Definitely read about distributed message count for quota and spike. Typically, with Apigee cloud, there will be multiple message processors so the count needs to be in sync to have correct rate limits.

Thanks for reply, we are using on-premise apigee. In this(uat) environment we have one MP only.

The apigee spike is really starting after a while and it is also happening on my Mac system as well. It has also affected my iTunes account as it is getting iTunes error 9 . I need to fix that.