Getting Failed to parse the Key file when creating new alias in keystore

keystore.pngHi,

I am trying to create new keystore alias, but I am getting Failed to parse the Key file error while saving it. I have attached the screenshot. Can you help? I am using .pfx format certificate.

Solved Solved
2 11 2,079
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Having such a generic message, how do you expect we can tell you what's wrong with your specific file?

One of they ways would be to execute

openssl pkcs12 -info -in keyStore.p12

command to validate that all is fine with your file prior to loading it into Edge.

Update:

After a joint investigation, we concluded that the New Edge Experience has a bug in a certificate import operation.

A workaround is to switch to Classic UI and process your certificates (I bet, Management API works too). Meanwhile the bug is logged.

For reference:

Internal ticket number for this bug: b/129744641

Thanks @Shivakumar Sudi for your patience and persistence.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Having such a generic message, how do you expect we can tell you what's wrong with your specific file?

One of they ways would be to execute

openssl pkcs12 -info -in keyStore.p12

command to validate that all is fine with your file prior to loading it into Edge.

Update:

After a joint investigation, we concluded that the New Edge Experience has a bug in a certificate import operation.

A workaround is to switch to Classic UI and process your certificates (I bet, Management API works too). Meanwhile the bug is logged.

For reference:

Thanks @Shivakumar Sudi for your patience and persistence.

Yes, we have a security restriction in sharing the certificate file. I just executed the command and the certificate looks fine. I can see the certificate details etc.

I just wanted to check if someone has experienced the similar error.

> a security restriction in sharing the certificate file

that's fine. in this case you can generate a throw-away certificate file with dummy data that causes same problem. you can share this certificate and we can take a look at it.

test.zip, Hello, I have generated a test certificate(attached). I faced the same error with this. please have a look.

Password is test1234

Ok. I tried to deploy it and succeeded.

Which version you're using and which edition? Cloud? OPDK?

Hello, I am using the Cloud edition of it. I wasn't able to find out the version. can you help me find out that as well? Thanks for all the help so far..

Apigee Edge version is in the bottom right corner of every page.

Are you referring to the classic edition please?I can see the version is 190325. In the new UI, I can't see it.

Good point! Seems like we figured it out:

I am using Classic UI, indeed. And it works in Classic UI.

You're using New Experience and it is broken in it.

So for you a workaround would be to switch to Classic UI and process your certificates (I bet, Management API works too). Meanwhile I will log a bug and let New E. team fix it.

For reference:

Thank you very much! it works in Classic UI. Will wait till it is fixed in the new UI.