Rate limit quota violation. Quota limit exceeded error for a newly created developer app

I have a developer app created for monitoring the health check of multiple API's.

for all the APIs,quota restrictions are done using a custom attribute inside this particular developer app.

For eg: custom attribute name will be APIName_quotaperhour and value will be updated with the limit per hour. Current value set for the quota per hour is 50(for each API) and this was working fine at the initial days after the deployment of the API's.

Nowadays the API's are showing a weird behaviour with the below quota violation error:

{ "fault": { "faultstring": "Rate limit quota violation. Quota limit exceeded. Identifier : _default", "detail": { "errorcode": "policies.ratelimit.QuotaViolation" } } }

from the analysis i found that only 5 to 10 transactions are sent from the source system and our limit is 50 per hour for each API.

please note that all the other developer apps are working fine and only this health check dev app is creating the issue.

Can anybody help me to understand why this is happening?

I have set the quota in the code like below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <Quota async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="ApplyQuota-APIName"> <DisplayName>ApplyQuota-APIName</DisplayName> <Properties/> <Synchronous>true</Synchronous> <Distributed>true</Distributed> <Allow countRef="app.APINamequota_perhour"/> <Interval>1</Interval> <TimeUnit>hour</TimeUnit> </Quota>

Solved Solved
0 1 2,066
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got the answer.Identifier was not implemented in the quota policy.Hence all the requests were added in the default counter and created the above issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Got the answer.Identifier was not implemented in the quota policy.Hence all the requests were added in the default counter and created the above issue.