Drilldown custom report

I want to create a report that defines response time and errors of request uri's. When I click on one of the request uri's, I want to see the devision between the 4xx errors and 5xx errors for that specific uri. However, when I click on a uri, I get the devision between the errors of all uri's, i.e. the sum of errors by error devision is equal to the sum of errors by uri division. Currently I have my report set up as follows:

In my custom report I define 4 metrics:

1. Total Response Time

2. Target Response Time

3. Proxy Errors

4. Target Errors

I have 2 dimensions:

1. Response Status Code

2. Request URI

And the following filter:

(response_status_code ge 400) and (response_status_code le 499) and (apiproxy eq '<apiproxy>') or (response_status_code ge 500) and (response_status_code le 599) and (apiproxy eq '<apiproxy>')

If I just use the filter (apiproxy eq '<apiproxy>'), the drilldown somehow works correctly. However I only want to see the fault errors. Any ideas on how to proceed?

1 3 284
3 REPLIES 3

What happens if you just filter on response_status_code, and not on apiproxy?

What happens if you eliminate the parentheses?

After some trial and error I found the issue was in the definition of the filter. When I use the filter ((response_status_code ge 400) and (response_status_code le 599)) and (apiproxy eq '<apiproxy>'), the drilldown works as expected. So this would be equal to adding brackets around the 2 different 'or' parts in the filter of my initial post.

However, this filter got set by the automated report generation in the alert setup and now each time when I change an alert it resets the filter back to the incorrect one in my initial post. For now, I will disconnect the reporting from the alerts, but for my use case I would really like to see this issue fixed. We are trying to enable our support team to quickly respond to alerts based on apigee analytics and linking the alert and the report would help.

Thanks for the update Kim.

I understand the problem and you have a good point.

I've raised b/128980639 on your behalf. We'll try to get it fixed quickly. If you want to track the status of that bug formally, you can contact Apigee Support and ask them to open a ticket for that purpose.