jwt authorization header doesn't show up in subsequent requests after it is set

Hi All,

I'm using a jwt policy to generate a jwt and set it in the authorization header. However after setting I'm not receiving the authorization header in the subsequent requests for jwt verification.

Thanks,

Arun

0 1 200
1 REPLY 1

Hi Arunkumar,

you've asked 3 questions on JWT, and ... I think all of them are caused by the same lack of understanding on your part, and this misunderstanding has nothing to do with JWT.

Somehow your understanding of how Apigee Edge works, how requests are handled, is not clear.

from this current question, it seems that you are under the impression that Generating a JWT from within Apigee Edge ... causes that JWT to... "stick around" for subsequent requests. That's not the case.

Or if that is not your assumption, then... your question isn't clear.

Can you ... take a step back, and explain in detail what you are envisioning? Explain very slowly. Very carefully.

Explain what you would like to happen with Request #1, and then what you would like to happen with Request #2. Explain which system (or actor) is sending the request, what information is carried in the request, what verb is used, what path, and then what Apigee Edge is doing with the information carried in the request, and so on.

eg:

Request #1.

client sends an HTTP GET (or POST) with content type== "something", using url path /xyz. This request is handled by Apigee edge, which does...what????

Request #2.

client sends ?? to ?? .