Edge platform API display in Apigee Drupal

Hi - is there a module or other configuration update to enable the Edge platform type of API display in Apigee Drupal 7?

0 5 165
5 REPLIES 5

Can you clarify what you mean by "the Edge platform type of API display"?

Screenshot or ?

I am looking to have somehting similar to the following:

8282-3panel.png

Yes, within a Drupal7-based devportal you have two options:

• SmartDocs...
  • Or OpenAPI Spec with SwaggerUI

Here's some more information:

https://community.apigee.com/articles/59371/smartdocs-and-swagger-ui-a-comparison.html

Here's the link on SmartDocs:

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/using-smartdocs-document-apis

Hey Dino - thanks so much for your response (enjoy your videos,BTW). So my company is committed to do everything through Apigee; therefore, it is not possible to something with Swagger UI and thus invoke a 3 panel display as I shared, right?

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, and I hope you've found them to be useful! I'm always interested in feedback and suggestions if you've got any more.

Regarding the 3-panel display, I think it IS possible to do that in the Drupal7-based portal. There are two options.

1. the SwaggerUI module. There's a link to a module, available in the first link I posted above, that helps out with that.

Maybe you're already aware of the SwaggerUI module and you're asking, "hey, this SwaggerUI module is not a supported part of the Apigee product line, right?"

And the answer to that is YOU ARE CORRECT, the SwaggerUI module is not a supported part of the Google Apigee product. But, keep in mind that there are many Drupal7 modules that a Drupal-based Apigee Edge developer portal will rely on, and most of them are not supported by Apigee / Google directly. Most are open-source and community supported. The SwaggerUI module is no different in that regard. So I wouldn't be too concerned about it being "not the Apigee way".

2. Smartdocs with a custom template.

We introduced the SmartDocs capability to provide what we thought were improvements over SwaggerUI - stateful interaction, an ability to edit API docs from the devportal, and one page-per-method to support better searching, among them.

Smartdocs allows you to design the handlebars template you like, and for sure, some of our customers have designed 3-panel experiences. Here's an example of a 2-panel UI designed by my buddy Anil. (unfortunately that article doesn't display the code in a very friendly way, but it's usable) And there are others out there, available for you.

Does that help?