Is there any way to group API proxies by team/project?

We'd like a way to group API proxies, so it can be own/managed by team, projects, department or OLB.

I know IBM APIC has a wonderful "space" concept. it can be created to segregate the above requirement.

Usually, in an org, we can have many teams, divided by different task scope and may in charge of subsets of microservices. For sure, each team just want only look their OWN APIs. So, we need a clean way to exclude other unrelated API/API proxies from the very team specific workspace

0 2 474
2 REPLIES 2

dubeyrahul
Participant I

You can do this seperation on APIGEE org level, You create a seperate org for each Team/LOB/Department and let them manage their users, roles, APIs, apps and products this will provide complete isolation among different LOBs. Keep in mind that there is a limit of how many org/env combo you can create. See more detail about org here

Other way is to segregate using environments for example LOB1-dev, LOB2-dev etc., create custom roles with specific permissions for each LOB and assign users to those roles. this may not be a desired solution due to complexity if you have more LOBs teams.

If you have OPDK, there are other ways to achieve the same but may not be cost effective( different planet for each line of business etc.)

That's not good... create org is heavy lifting task - it needs new IP/DNS, env/virtual host and a lot setup, also you need to redo the org user management! Obviously, it needs lots of admins involved to do that hard task and is time-consuming...totally outside a department can control

What I see it is a common requirement in 1 org, there are 1 department will separate team/project -- I don't think they want to use different DNS for the same team/department API.

What I need is, just like in Google Cloud Platform, the project feature -- under which, the project can act as a container to hold/organize/manage a scoped resource.

Hope Apigee edge will have it finally...