virtual host port only accessible from localhost

Hello Folks,

I notice that the vhost port that I configured (9001) is only accessible from localhost, and not from the public endpoint. The UI on other hand, it's accessible from localhost and externally. There are firewall rules in place for both the UI (9000) and the virthost (9001). Is there a control that regulates where do you connect from on the virtual host? Something that tells it to just accept connections from the localhost?

Thanks,

Henry

Solved Solved
0 1 173
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't think there is anything additional you need. You should be able to configure the firewall the same way for 9000 and 9001. Shouldn't be any different.

Maybe try some netstat and netcat spelunking. With nc, Try to figure out if the port is really open, and with netstat, verify that the UI is actually listening on 9001.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I don't think there is anything additional you need. You should be able to configure the firewall the same way for 9000 and 9001. Shouldn't be any different.

Maybe try some netstat and netcat spelunking. With nc, Try to figure out if the port is really open, and with netstat, verify that the UI is actually listening on 9001.