WSO2 cloud endpoint timeout

Hi everyone,

I have an API published to WSO2 public cloud, and have created a proxy on Apigee Edge cloud. However, whenever I try to call the proxy, I get an 504 - gateway timeout response. My proxy doesn't do anything - it's just a reverse proxy that forwards the request to the endpoint. I'm not getting any hits on WSO2 logs, therefore I assume this is a communication problem between Edge and WSO2 servers.

Any suggestions on how I can test directly for connectivity between Apigee and WSO2? I'm pretty new to Apigee, am actually testing the platform for later use. I'm able to call the endpoint on WSO2 directly from my machine without problem.

Thanks.

Pedro

0 3 286
3 REPLIES 3

I suggest using Trace UI in Apigee Edge to determine what's happening on the connection.

Also try connecting from Apigee Edge to "anything else", (eg httpbin.org) to see if it's a problem unrelated to the WS02 endpoint.

sidd-harth
Participant V

Can you confirm it is WSO2 Cloud and not WSO2 APIM running in your local machine.

Also, check the target endpoint. If you are using any resources, then the uripath will be appended to the target endpoint again. You need to disable proxy.pathsuffix on TargetEndpoint Preflow.

Provide the Apigee Proxy Bundle/ZIP for better inspection.

Ahh, good point! If it's WS02 APIM running on a local host, you can try using something like ngrok to enable that local thing to be reachable from the internet. For testing only!