Aggregation in APIGEE

vermagovind92
Participant III

Hi All,

I have a use case that need to make Parallel calls to various Eco-System(Target Server) where aggregate and dynamic route the response.

Can someone let me know how this can be achieved in APIGEE. Appreciate your response.

Thanks and Regards

Govind Verma

@Anil Sagar @ Google, @Dino-at-Google,@Robert Johnson,@Brendan,@Siddharth Barahalikar, @deboraelkin,

0 7 2,046
7 REPLIES 7

sidd-harth
Participant V

Apigee can do that using Javascript Policy or Nodejs. But it is not recommended in Apigee.

ESB's are perfect for Aggregation of multiple services.

Thanks for your reply,

Siddharth Barahalikar

Is there any particular reason that we should not use Apigee to aggregate data?

There's no problem using Apigee to aggregate data from 2 or 3 or ... let's say a handful of endpoints. But if you have a complex flow, with the requirmeent to call target 1 then examine the response, and call target2 in one case, or call target 3 in some other case, then invoke a batch system, wait for the result, and conditionally combine the data... that is a workflow or process automation kind of thing, which Apigee does not directly support.

Thank you so much.

dubeyrahul
Participant I

@Govind Verma In case you have to implement it in apigee, there are multiple ways as suggested by Siddharth. Use javascript async call( parallal calls) to your targets then aggregate the response, details are provided here httpClient async call