Apigee to FTP Endpoint

Hi ,

I am trying to post a file using Apigee to FTP Server by following git repo @ https://github.com/DinoChiesa/ApigeeEdge-Java-Callout-FTP

But we are not able to connect to FTP server by posting the Curl command -

curl -i -H 'content-type: text/plain' -X POST 'http://ORG-ENV.apigee.net/ftp-trial/upload?remote-file-name=something-goes-here.txt' -d 'This is the next text Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam egestas imperdiet auctor.'

but we get the connection timeout error :

Please let us know what is the issue , is there any IP whitelisting which needs to be done , I am using Apigee Trial Account.

Stacktrace:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589) at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:182) at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:203) at com.dinochiesa.edgecallouts.FtpPut.execute(FtpPut.java:173) at com.apigee.steps.javacallout.JavaCalloutStepDefinition$ClassLoadWrappedExecution.execute(JavaCalloutStepDefinition.java:204) at com.apigee.steps.javacallout.JavaCalloutStepDefinition$SecurityWrappedExecution$1.run(JavaCalloutStepDefinition.java:271) at

0 1 642
1 REPLY 1

"Connection timed out" on connection seems to indicate that communication between the Apigee Edge message processor and your FTP endpoint is prohibited. The timeout can occur because there is an intervening security gateway or firewall, enforcing an IP whitelist, or some other restriction on the connection. This connectivity issue is usually independent of Apigee Edge. For example, here's the same question asked in a different forum. While the connectivity issue is independent of Apigee Edge, the presence of Apigee Edge does present a complicating factor: you cannot try to "telnet" from the Apigee Edge MP into the FTP server, if you are using Apigee Edge saas, because you have no access to the MP machine. (If you have Apigee Edge "private cloud" aka OPDK, then you may have access to the MP machine.)

is there any IP whitelisting which needs to be done , I am using Apigee Trial Account.

Good question. If there is an IP Whitelist that "needs to be done" it is on the side of the FTP Server. So that's up to you, not Apigee Edge.