Error creating SOAP service from WSDL with method POST

I am trying to create a REST to SOAP to REST API Proxy with a POST method using the wizard. It fails when generating the proxy.

"Error generating proxy:" is the error returned.

If I change the method to GET then it works Ok albeit not creating what we need. Both PUT & POST don't work.

The WSDL is the same.

Solved Solved
1 9 514
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The wsdl importer in Apigee Edge has a bug when your WSDL specifies no targetNamespace, or when the targetNamespace is explicitly specified to be blank.

Your WSDL had the latter.

There are two workarounds:

1. use a targetNamespace. (See attached for a modified WSDL that works for me)
  2. use a fixed-up version of the wsdl2apigee tool that I just published. https://github.com/DinoChiesa/wsdl2apigee

applicationupdate-modifiedwsdl.txt

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sidd-harth
Participant V

Provide the WSDL if possible.

Apigee guesses and suggests appropriate HTTP method and the user has the option to change it. I am not sure why it is failing with POST/PUT specifically. BTW generate the proxy with the GET method and later on, we can change it to POST if it is a matter of few resources.

applicationupdate-copy.txtThanks Siddharth, WSDL attached . We were hoping not to do this manually because there will be some significantly more complicated API posts required

Even I was not able to deploy when the WSDL included the POST method; it gave ns local ns missing error. I am out of ideas.

Maybe @Dino-at-Google can help you.

I've reproduced the problem you described with the WSDL importer.

I'm investigating it.

The wsdl importer in Apigee Edge has a bug when your WSDL specifies no targetNamespace, or when the targetNamespace is explicitly specified to be blank.

Your WSDL had the latter.

There are two workarounds:

1. use a targetNamespace. (See attached for a modified WSDL that works for me)
  2. use a fixed-up version of the wsdl2apigee tool that I just published. https://github.com/DinoChiesa/wsdl2apigee

applicationupdate-modifiedwsdl.txt

Thanks Dino, went with option 1 and works perfectly

Excellent! Glad it worked.

shawkyfoda
Participant IV

@Dino-at-Google

I Got a faiulre at the end of installing the mvn

$ > mvn install

Hi Shawky

I'm not going to be able to help diagnose a problem with that kind of error report!