deploying kvm to Apigee private cloud using apigee-deploy-maven-plugin returns jwt Exception

I am trying to set up CI/CD process for private cloud env.

Proxy Deployment is working fine. I am having issues with KVM deployment.

Getting following Error.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[INFO] Total time: 1.092s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jan 18 15:20:50 GMT 2019 [INFO] Final Memory: 10M/247M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.apigee.edge.config:apigee-config-maven-plugin:1.2.2:keyvaluemaps (create-config-kvm) on project ConfigOnly: Execution create-config-kvm of goal com.apigee.edge.config:apigee-config-maven-plugin:1.2.2:keyvaluemaps failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing com.apigee.edge.config:apigee-config-maven-plugin:1.2.2:keyvaluemaps: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/auth0/jwt/exceptions/JWTDecodeException : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] realm = plugin>com.apigee.edge.config:apigee-config-maven-plugin:1.2.2
[ERROR] strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy

Please find the attached pom.xml , sedge.txtpom.txtshared-pom.txthared-pom.xml and edge.json.

Extract from shared-pom.xml

<profiles>
	<profile>
		<id>test</id>
		<properties>
			<apigee.profile>test</apigee.profile>
			<apigee.hosturl>http://{ManagementServerHost}:{8080}</apigee.hosturl>
			<apigee.apiversion>v1</apigee.apiversion>
			<apigee.org>${org}</apigee.org>
			<apigee.env>${env}</apigee.env>
			<apigee.username>${username}</apigee.username>
			<apigee.password>${password}</apigee.password>
		</properties>
	</profile>
</profiles>

It connects the apigee env fine using above details getting issues on deploying KVM.

Solved Solved
0 6 811
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jayesh Upadhyay

This is due to incompatible Java runtime environment. Looks like you are using older version of Java that is running this maven command. Please update it to Java 8 or later. Check this. I added this to the plugin README too

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please could you run Maven with -X to see if there's any helpful details available in the debug output. If you share anything here, please take care to avoid leaking any personal or corporate information/credentials (even base64 encoded Authorization headers).

It also seems like not all of your attachments made it to your original question post.

@Omid Tahouri thank you very much for you help on this.

Hi @Jayesh Upadhyay

This is due to incompatible Java runtime environment. Looks like you are using older version of Java that is running this maven command. Please update it to Java 8 or later. Check this. I added this to the plugin README too

Thanks, Sai. It's great to have this in the README now too.

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan Thank you very much for your explanation. I was running maven under JRE 1.6 (Java version: 1.6.0_131).

jimmy

@Jayesh Upadhyay This always trips to the new comers,