Schedule a api

I wish to schedule a api.

All the solutions are not very clear.

Can it be done very simply by attaching a javascript policy?

0 6 270
6 REPLIES 6

How can we add a simple javascript policy to do it?Please give me a easy solution for scheduling...

Himardri -

Could you share more information about your specific use case? What are you trying to schedule? The API proxy release? API call? Access? More information might be helpful.

What are the details for the schedule that you'd like to have the javascript perform.

Chris

Hi

I have a proxy with data .The first proxy name is proxychainingdemo1.It has data in it.

I have another proxy pc-demo2. I used proxy chaining.It will connect to the first proxy.

I want the 2nd proxy to call the 1st proxy every 1 or 2 mins.

Can it be done with a single javacript or any other policy?

We are shifting from java to google apigee.

Thanks

Himanish Bhattacharjee

@Chris Hood API call

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @HIMADRI BHATTACHARJEE , please stop creating multiple questions with the same topic. You have already created 3 questions.

Why do you want to call the proxy 1 every 1/2 mins?

AFAIK Apigee generally follows a request/response format. What you are asking for is Polling a service/db every X secs/mins/hours or using a cron job.

Polling a service is not available OOTB and maybe it is not recommended as well in Apigee.

Hello

@Siddharth Barahalikar

My api is presently java based.We want to migrate to apigee.

My first proxy will hit a google pubsub every 1 min and collect data in json format.2nd proxy will collect data from 1st proxy and filter it.

Since polling /cron is already there in java how can we do the same in apigee?

There is some nodejs or linux cron solutions here .Very complex .Please suggest.

The apigee communitee has always supported us .If there is a simple solution.Please give us..

Will the below work?

https://community.apigee.com/questions/50223/scheduling-api.html

What is ur final answer?