How to deploy multiple api proxies using apigeetool

Hi All,

We are planning to automate the API-proxies deployments using apigeetool. We are using the below command as part of the Jenkins job.

apigeetool deployproxy -u abc -o nonprod -e dev -n poc-deploy-automation -p xyz

1) In our bitbucket repository, we have many folders , each folder represents the api proxy.

2) Is there an option to deploy multiple proxies using apigeetool? ( alternative is to use a loop and send proxy names to same command, but is there a better way?)

3) is there an option to move proxies from one env to another in same org and also in different org( we can use jfrog artifactory for promotion, but is there any option given by apigee itself)

0 1 362
1 REPLY 1

I don't know of a better way of deploying multiple proxies to an environment at a single time using apigeetool; maybe you could use xargs or something like that for the loop.

There are ways to deploy a set of proxies at a single time. For example the deployTool.js example in the apigee-edge-js repo does this. It just internalizes the loop for you. Because it's all done within one process, it might be faster.

There is no option to "move proxies from one env to another."

We don't say that proxies "belong to an environment". We say that proxies are deployed to an environment. So I don't know what it would mean to "move from one environment to another".

I suppose you could undeploy a proxy from env1, and deploy the proxy to env2. But that's not really a "move".

As for "moving" a proxy from one org to another, here again, I would say, no, there is not a motion or action that supports that . You can import a proxy into an organization. I suppose you could import a proxy into org1, then delete it, then import the same proxy bundle into org2.

That's not really "moving" the proxy though.