custom-properties.yml not being read?

I am currently trying to use the Ansible scripts to set up an Apigee Mirror nginx server and repo. I have a custom config file at `~/.apigee/custom-properties.yml'.

From `apigee-opdk-playbook-installation-mirror/` I run `ansible-playbook installation.yml`

and it runs until the task

TASK [apigee-opdk-setup-bootstrap : Update bootstrap cache with key and value

where it fails with the error message

'opdk_user_name' is undefined

I saw from the README that 'opdk_user_name' has a default value 'apigee' and so I shouldn't have to explicitly set it, right?

But even if I add the variable to custom-properties.yml it will not complete. If I add it to the command line it fails on the next task, which is "opdk_group_name" which is also defined in custom-properties.yml.

This suggests to me that the custom-properties.yml file isn't being loaded..?

Best regards,

Thomas Qvidahl

0 2 193
2 REPLIES 2

The Ansible scripts are looking to read property files from either ~/.apigee or ~/.apigee-secure. The ~/.apigee-secure folder is used with sensitive content like the license.txt file or your credentials. The script is likely looking for a *.yml file in your ~/.apigee-secure folder that will contains 'opdk_user_name' as well as the other attributes used to set credentials during installation.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've now moved the credentials.yml file from ~/.apigee to ~/.apigee-secure as per your suggestion.

I've repeated the above commands, and now it complains that it cannot find the file ~/.apigee/credentials.yml

I also find that the playbook apigee-opdk-playbook-installation-single-region assumes there will be a file ~/apigee-secure/credentials.yml and so fails when my file is located at ~/.apigee-secure/

Have I screwed up something here, or is this a difference between the playbooks? Which is "more" correct; hidden or visible folder? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Thomas