Local API as target end point

Hi All,

I am new to apigee, I have developed a rest API in my local and I want to use my local API as target end point. Please help me to do the above.

0 3 738
3 REPLIES 3

@Anoj Nayak,

In order for APigee to connect to your target backend, your backend should be accessible to Apigee edge. i.e. the firewall should allow connecting to your backend host and port or both should be in the same network and accessible.

Are you using apigee on-prem installation? If yes,

Is your locally running target endpoint accessible to Apigee edge over your network.

If yes, then you can use your API as the target endpoint by setting the URL in the HTTPTargetConnectionElement of the TargetEndpoint configuration in your API proxy

If you are using the apigee cloud or the free org trial, then NO - you cannot access your local API from Edge cloud, as i am assuming most likely your firewall will not permit that

@ Nagesh

Yes you are absolutely right nagesh, I am working on a proxy network.

Could you please suggest , is there a way to configure my local API in proxy network through apigee cloud ?

I have never tried on-premise solution on my local. Could you please help me out?

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @Anoj Nayak, as said by Nagashree, you cannot use services running on your local machine on Apigee cloud. You need to deploy your local API to cloud and then use it in Apigee cloud.

For example try to explore trial accounts of Openshift, PCF PaaS platforms for deploying your local API to cloud.

Apigee on-prem solution is not free, you need to purchase the license.