How many target endpoints can be added to one single API Proxy?

How many target endpoints can be added to one single API Proxy? What is the maximum number if there is a limit?

0 3 501
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure but, AFAIK there is no limit for that.

BTW can you brief us about your use case? We can propose alternative solutions.

For other Apigee limits check this,

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/limits

Thank you for responding @Siddharth Barahalikar. Following is the scenario:

We have this payment platform consumed by B2B partner mobile apps through APIGEE. Whenever a transaction occurs (succes or failure), payment platform needs to send a confirmation/notification to partner back office system asynchronously using APIs exposed by partner. We have decided to use APIGEE's routing capabilities to achieve this. When transaction happens, payment system will send the confirmation to APIGEE with a partner identifier as query parameter. We have to route the request accordingly.

As of now there are only few partners. But we are expecting the number to grow upto 100 or more in future.

We are not expecting the APIs exposed by B2B partners to be identical in terms of path, authentication mechanism etc.

I've decided to store the partner api URL, path, credentials and a unique code for identifying authenitcation mechanism in KVM against partner identifier as the key and form the request and request URL using javaScript and execute a service callout to post the data. There are multiple service callouts depending on authentication mechanism (apikey in qp, apikey in header, apiKey in header etc) This is working as expected for now. In case if some partner comes up with a new authentication mechanism such as 2 way SSL, i'm planning to add a new service call out to be executed with new authentication mechanism code.

Please advise if I can proceed with this approach.

@Ronson

There is no limit on the number of target endpoints. However there is a restriction on the proxy bundle size which is a Max of 15MB.