continueOnError="true" is not behaving correctly for Flow Callout

flowcallout.pngtrace.png I have a Flow Callout policy in my proxy with continueOnError="true" as I want my proxy to continue in case of error. However, when shared flow that I am calling using this Flow Callout policy raises a fault my proxy goes to the error state. As per my understanding the proxy should not go to error state as far as we have set continueOnError="true" in the policy. Can anyone please explain what could be the reason for such proxy behavior?

0 1 477
1 REPLY 1

@Dhavalkumar Dangaria

Welcome to the community!!

I think it is working as expected. The continueOnError="true" is a property for the Flow callout policy itself. The purpose of this policy it to call the sharedflow. In the event of that call something happens, the policy will continue and not throw an error as you have set the property to true. Once the shared flow is called and executed, the property is of no use as the purpose of the Flow Callout is fulfilled

If you want to continue on error, then you need to handle that within the policies used in the Shared flow. Set it on those policies, probably that will not raise the fault. I have not tried this, so please try this and update us.