Licensing and pricing for on-prem installation of Apigee with PCF

I found an installer for Apigee Edge on PivNet.

Can you install and use Edge on your private cloud for free? Can someone please give more details on the licensing?

0 3 3,093
3 REPLIES 3

Edge on private cloud is not free. You need to buy a license.

Edge on pcf, i guess you need the regular Apigee on prem license and an account on the Pivotal Network (to download the tile) in pcf.

Edge on pcf needs to connect with a regular Apigee installing, so you need the license.

@Siddharth Barahalikar The EULA added along with the installer on PivNet mentions "Authorized Use". So I assumed it was free to use for PCF users (although admittedly, I am no expert in legal matters).

"Edge on pcf needs to connect with a regular Apigee installing"... What do you mean by this? I thought Edge was a standalone product, and that once installed on your private cloud, it does not make any external calls to Apigee.

Where can I get the pricing details? The Apigee pricing page does not mention anything about private cloud installations.

Frankly speaking, even I am not an expert with Pivotal licenses.

PCF and other versions of Cloud Foundry use service brokers to connect hosted apps to services that run externally, such as load balancers and databases. The Apigee Edge service broker lets app developers create proxies that insert Apigee Edge API management features in front of their PCF-hosted apps.

On pivotal, we need to install Apigee CF Service Broker. This Service Broker needs to connect with an Edge Organization.

To use Apigee Edge with Cloud Foundry, you'll need the following:

• An Apigee Edge account (Public Cloud or Private Cloud) with an organization where API proxies can be created.

In the same pricing page, Enterprise = Private Cloud, you need to get in touch with Apigee Sales team to get the price.

Watch the video in this page,

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/integrations/cloud-foundry/edge-integration-pivotal-cloud-found...