using mvn apigee-config:kvms -P$MAVEN_PROFILE -Dapigee.config.options=update

Not applicable

In the documentation it says update - Update when found; create when not found, updates individual entries for kvms. Refreshes all config to reflect edge.json. So if I run the above command will it replace all my kvm config to reflect edge.json per specific env? If my edge.json doesn't have KVM already added thru EDGE UI, will those be replaced then?

Solved Solved
2 2 311
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nirish Pyakurel Your question is not very clear to me.I am assuming you want to know what happens to the existing KVM entries or already existing KVMs that were created through Edge UI, when you perform the update operation through apigee-config maven plugin. If that's the case, below are the scenarios and the results

scenario1: KVM (eg: testKVM) exists in edge UI but is not present in the configuration used to update - The testKVM is not affected by the plugin.

scenario2: testKVM doesnt exist in edge UI but is present in the configuration used to update - testKVM will be created as per the configuration file.

scenario3: testKVM exists in Edge UI, has entries test1, test2. Configuration used to update has only one entry test3. new entry test3 will be created along with test1, test2

scenario4: testKVM exists in Edge UI, has entries test1, test2. Configuration used to update also has entries test1, test2. the entries in edge UI will be updated with the values from configuration file

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Nirish Pyakurel Your question is not very clear to me.I am assuming you want to know what happens to the existing KVM entries or already existing KVMs that were created through Edge UI, when you perform the update operation through apigee-config maven plugin. If that's the case, below are the scenarios and the results

scenario1: KVM (eg: testKVM) exists in edge UI but is not present in the configuration used to update - The testKVM is not affected by the plugin.

scenario2: testKVM doesnt exist in edge UI but is present in the configuration used to update - testKVM will be created as per the configuration file.

scenario3: testKVM exists in Edge UI, has entries test1, test2. Configuration used to update has only one entry test3. new entry test3 will be created along with test1, test2

scenario4: testKVM exists in Edge UI, has entries test1, test2. Configuration used to update also has entries test1, test2. the entries in edge UI will be updated with the values from configuration file

Yes. this was exactly what I needed. Thanks.