Information about Certification

Hi Everyone this question is regarding APIGEE certification.I worked in APIGEE client for two year after that had a break of 4 years in APIGEE and I am starting my carrier off again want some advice from APIGEE expert on certification guide me on this

1 Do we need to take training for certification or can be done by Reference Resource available?

2 How long it takes to prep for Apigee certification ?

3. What are the different certification levels and what's best for me to currently start-off with?

4. Also, any pre prerequisites for certification?

Help me out

@Anil Sagar @ Google your video were awesome need your suggestion help me out Thanks in advance ...

Solved Solved
1 5 530
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @nandini Sivaprakasam , quite a few new features have been added to Apigee in the last couple of years.

If you are aware of new/old Apigee topics and are confident with them, then there is no need to go through the training. Go through these post, apigee-api-platform-learning-guide

But it is highly recommended to take up the training. Earlier we had Apigee Academy for training, but now the course is available on Coursera. I have added links below which explains everything about certification. Do have a look,

Demystifying the API Engineer Certification Exam

https://apigee.com/api-management/#/training

apigee-api-platform-learning-guide

https://apigee.com/api-management/#/certification

We have Apigee API Engineer certification which is all about Design, Developing, Securing APIs.

View solution in original post

@nandini Sivaprakasam ,

Glad 4 minute videos are helpful.

1 Do we need to take training for certification or can be done by Reference Resource available?

• We got 160+ 4 Minute Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXjuPlujxxxe3iTmLtgfIBgpMo7iD7fk), Have you went through all of them & implemented same by following the videos ?
  • It's really important to get hands on & Implement same to understand concepts and remember them for certification.
  • Courseera also will help to get started & get fundamentals right.
  • Apigee has so much self service material like docs, videos, courseera, Apigee community for Q&A etc. You need to get hands-on expertise to clear certification. Even if you attend Apigee 3 days face 2 face training it won't guarantee clearing certification. It can help only 40% in my opinion. You need to get 70% to clear certification.

• In my opinion, If you go through the study material here & get hands-on expertise on all same, It's a matter of spending quality 40 - 60 hours hands-on implementation.

3. What are the different certification levels and what's best for me to currently start-off with?

• Only one certification, Apigee Certified API Engineer

• Just basics of Rest APIs & Passion to learn API Management 🙂

Hope it helps.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @nandini Sivaprakasam , quite a few new features have been added to Apigee in the last couple of years.

If you are aware of new/old Apigee topics and are confident with them, then there is no need to go through the training. Go through these post, apigee-api-platform-learning-guide

But it is highly recommended to take up the training. Earlier we had Apigee Academy for training, but now the course is available on Coursera. I have added links below which explains everything about certification. Do have a look,

Demystifying the API Engineer Certification Exam

https://apigee.com/api-management/#/training

apigee-api-platform-learning-guide

https://apigee.com/api-management/#/certification

We have Apigee API Engineer certification which is all about Design, Developing, Securing APIs.

@Siddharth Barahalikar Thanks for you prompt reply on this. Saw your active involvement in APIGEE community good to have your reply for this , Thank you very much definitely I will get back to you any further clarification on this. 🙂

Any further key points from you which help me in certification.

@nandini Sivaprakasam ,

Glad 4 minute videos are helpful.

• We got 160+ 4 Minute Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXjuPlujxxxe3iTmLtgfIBgpMo7iD7fk), Have you went through all of them & implemented same by following the videos ?
  • It's really important to get hands on & Implement same to understand concepts and remember them for certification.
  • Courseera also will help to get started & get fundamentals right.
  • Apigee has so much self service material like docs, videos, courseera, Apigee community for Q&A etc. You need to get hands-on expertise to clear certification. Even if you attend Apigee 3 days face 2 face training it won't guarantee clearing certification. It can help only 40% in my opinion. You need to get 70% to clear certification.

• In my opinion, If you go through the study material here & get hands-on expertise on all same, It's a matter of spending quality 40 - 60 hours hands-on implementation.

• Only one certification, Apigee Certified API Engineer

• Just basics of Rest APIs & Passion to learn API Management 🙂

Hope it helps.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

@Anil Sagar @ Google its really great to see your reply to my each questions promptly. Definitely looking forward for your help further on this thank you very much for your time. Any further key advice which help me in certification ? will be great 🙂

Hands-On - Implementation is the key - Master all policies, Apigee Concepts.