Apigee Edge on-premise: Access logs?

Not applicable

With an on-premise installation of Apigee Edge, where are the access logs?

1 5 1,436
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Eric Dahl that depends on where you ended up installing Apigee Edge. If you chose the standard paths, then you should be able to find all the logs at "/opt/apigee4/var/log/apigee" and associated sub directories. The "/opt/apigee4/var/log/apigee/message-processor" in particular contains the logs that are recorded by the message processor, the component responsible for executing API proxies / policies for every request coming in.

I see some logs in this directory but no access logs except for

/opt/apigee4/var/log/apigee/message-processor/logs/access.log which is an empty 0-length file.

I'm looking for standard access logs like most HTTP servers/proxies provide with URLs, timestamps, status codes, durations, etc.

We're using version 4.14.07.00

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Eric Dahl in order to do that you need to leverage our message logging policy. Check out his thread on how to do that. Let me know if that address what you are looking for.

That seems like it should work, but surely there's an easier way? I'd have to manually handle faults (e.g., invalid API key, unresponsive back end); store a start time to calculate the duration; and add it to every proxy?

Not applicable

I just gave you the remainder of my points for asking this.