MIME Element

Not applicable

Hi All, I have an existing SOAP/XML service and my APIGEE API needs to invoke it.

current SOAP/XML service also expects the MIMEenvelope /Mime Element with binary content. (actual attachments).Please let me know does APGIEE accepts MIME content.

or can we form MIME envelope within APGIEE before sending request to downstream??

0 2 247
2 REPLIES 2

Apigee Edge acts as a transparent (reverse) proxy.

The HTTP Request that you send in, is the HTTP Request that gets sent out.

If you send text in, then Apigee Edge sends text out.

If you send binary content in, Apigee Edge sends binary content out.

If you send XML in, Apigee Edge sends XML out.

If you want to MODIFY the content of the request between inbound reception at Apigee Edge, and outbound transmission from Apigee Edge, then... .that is where things get interesting. For example if you want to convert from an XML payload to a JSON payload, you can do that. Or, if you want to add a binary attachment. ... I suppose you will be able to do that too, but it will require some custom coding for a Java callout.

ok, so that's the general information. I don't know how to provide specific information relating to your question, because I don't understand it. I don't know what a MIME envelope is, and I don't know how that relates to SOAP. If you provide some additional detail for me, as to SPECIFICALLY what you would like to do within Apigee Edge, I may be able to help you.

sample-request.txt

thanks for your Reply.

Please find below additional details.

1) My existing service need SOAP XML in payload.

2) Method is post

3) It also must have a MimeEnvelopeElement which has binary content.

4) sample request is attached

5) My target service is exposed in TIBCO BW.

thank you,