APIGEE database connectivity

Not applicable

Any out of the box feature in APIGEE to talk to database directly which will automatically create rest api's instead of writing a separate application to expose data from database to be consumed by APIGEE?

1 4 1,624
4 REPLIES 4

No, there are no such features in Apigee Edge.

The general philosophy is that you design your APIs - the interfaces over which clients will connect to your service.

Then map those APIs to the database backend. That mapping is custom and not automatic, except in the simplest of cases.

Database table design is not the same as API design. They're different things, and to infer one from the other is an architectural anti-pattern. Don't do that!

@Dino-at-Google

I followed the guide to create a proxy and I was hoping to add some data to test my AngularJS app. But it seems I cannot edit the test data for the John Doe in San Diego, CA. Am I to understand that the APIGEE does not hold or store any data at all? So I must provide APIGEE with a SQL database to test with my data?

Post your query as a new question/thread.

BTW yes, Apigee is not used to store data like databases. You need to use Nodejs to connect to your sql db and fetch data.

Apigee Edge is not a datastore. It's designed to be an API Platform, and as part of that, the runtime API Gateway handles requests and can proxy them. It doesn't act as a generalized datastore.

There are parts of Apigee Edge that store data (like the KVM or Cache) but it is not a generalized datastore. For that use Firebase Firestore or something else, like a SQL Database.