Statistics Collection variables not showing up in Custom Reports dimensions

I created a proxy and I wanted to create a custom report based on the username passed into the auth header. I extracted the username and added it to my statistic collector. I passed some data through the proxy in both our test and dev environments but when I went to create a custom report the dimension did not show up in the drop down. I waited well over 30 minutes. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also is there a way to verify that the statistic collector policy is working, through the trace?

Solved Solved
0 5 379
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since you have private cloud, you can directly query the fact tables in Postgres to verify that the data is appearing as you expect. Custom dimensions should appear in those fact tables. You need to run psql to do that.

-- Select most recent facts:
select *
  FROM analytics."org1.env1.fact"
  WHERE client_received_start_timestamp > '2018-11-19 18:00:00'
  ORDER BY client_received_start_timestamp DESC LIMIT 30;

I think you should be able to see the data there . If it's not there, report back....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Since you have private cloud, you can directly query the fact tables in Postgres to verify that the data is appearing as you expect. Custom dimensions should appear in those fact tables. You need to run psql to do that.

-- Select most recent facts:
select *
  FROM analytics."org1.env1.fact"
  WHERE client_received_start_timestamp > '2018-11-19 18:00:00'
  ORDER BY client_received_start_timestamp DESC LIMIT 30;

I think you should be able to see the data there . If it's not there, report back....

So it looks like one of the issues was I had a capital letter in my dimension name. Now the dimension columns are showing up in postgres but the data says [null]

Here is my policy

<Statistics>
  <Statistic name="username" ref="request.header.username" type="string">
    n0000000
  </Statistic>
  <Statistic name="path_bucket" ref="resource.bucket" type="string">
    /
  </Statistic>
</Statistics>

I am getting the username from a base64 decode policy and the path_bucket from a javascript context.setVariable()

@Dino-at-Google any updates?

It looks like it is working now. It must have taken more than 30 minutes for it to start recording data